Your eyesight is a precious gift, and we want to help you preserve it for a lifetime. At Arizona Eye Specialists, we provide comprehensive eye care services for all ages to monitor your eyesight and give you the opportunity to be proactive about changes in your vision – even if you don’t realize there is a problem. Early detection of vision problems is often vital to helping preserve your eyesight.
Common Eye Exam Test
- Current refractive error measurement using retinoscopy
- Eye pressure measurement to identify glaucoma
- Eye health using a slit-lamp
- Visual acuity to measure the definition of your vision
- Blindspot detection using a visual field test
- Eye misalignment using cover tests
- Eye disease identification through pupil dilation
Pediatric Eye Exams
We are proud to have Dr. Emily Shortridge on staff to provide pediatric eye care. Dr. Shortridge is our fellowship-trained Pediatric Ophthalmologist and Adult Strabismus specialist who diagnoses and treats conditions such as amblyopia (lazy eye), strabismus (crossed eyes), congenital cataracts and more.
Eye Exam Schedule
For patients with healthy eyes, the following comprehensive eye exam schedule is recommended:
- First eye exam: age 6 months
- Second eye exam: age 3 years
- School-age children: before starting school and then every 1-2 years (in addition to vision screenings at school)
- Adults: every 1-2 years
- Seniors: yearly
Eye Exam For Overall Health
Your eye doctor can also identify underlying health problems just by looking at your eye health. In some cases, conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and other medical conditions can be identified during regular eye exams.
Don’t wait to schedule an eye exam until you or your loved one is experiencing vision difficulties. Contact us today to schedule an eye exam.